System Thread Exception Not Handled - Oculus Update

This is an old post that was somehow stuck in the draft folder, so please adjust the timeline accordingly.

Last Friday I bought a GTX 1080Ti. Weekend looked really promising with Battlefield 1 and DCS World with Oculus Rift and X-56 Rhino joystick to go with it.

On Friday evening I set up everything and flew a Su-27 in DCS World for some time. As it stands, DCS World is a great flight simulator. But it's even better with VR and joystick. After flying Su-27 for some time, I shut down my computer and went out.

When I came back and turned on my machine, it didn't boot. It took me to BSOD that said: "System thread exception not handled". There was no filename or any other information. It just kept doing that on a loop. I tried other options like Safe Mode, Command Prompt, etc. No go. I tried disconnecting all devices except keyboard and mouse but that didn't help either.

One thing was clear, this was a driver issue. Keeping that in mind, I started searching for solutions on Google. There was a small chance that this might be a graphics driver issue since I had updated display drivers to Nvidia's latest release. Uninstalling display drivers was not an option for me as I was not able to go to Safe Mode.

Upon further research, I found that many people had faced this error and formatted their HDD/SSD. But that didn't solve their problem. So formatting M.2 was ruled out. Moreover, I try to avoid formatting HDD/SSD as much as possible because backing up data and restoring it is time-consuming.

Since I could not find any solution to it, I started analyzing the sequence of events. My computer was working fine a few hours back. It worked fine when I connected Oculus Rift to it and updated Oculus software.

I knew one thing. The problem had occurred after I had connected Oculus Rift. I disabled USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports from BIOS just to isolate the issue. No go.

While searching for a solution I used the search string "system thread exception not handled oculus rift" and came across this solution on VRheads. This solution was really helpful. Actual culprit was ASMedia USB 3 driver which didn't want to work well with updated Oculus software.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you find it helpful, give a shoutout to Russell - author of the article on VRheads - and comment on his post and my post.

Beautiful Su-27 in DCS.




Comments

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.
    the complete guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject.What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers Owner Builder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being cute is a way of life for this lively charmer. The Shih Tzu is known to be especially affectionate with children. As a small dog bred to spend most of their day inside royal palaces, they make a great pet if you live in an apartment or lack a big backyard.
    buy bronceville shih tzu online near me

    ReplyDelete

  4. Being cute is a way of life for this lively charmer. The Shih Tzu is known to be especially affectionate with children. As a small dog bred to spend most of their day inside royal palaces, they make a great pet if you live in an apartment or lack a big backyard.
    teacup Shih Tzu puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. We offer great deals and expert service.Our specialty are on gun brands like the COLT,which include,the colt rifles,revolvers,colt pistols,Taurus Handguns and Panzer arms.We have the latest collection of the AR-12 Shotguns,panzer bp-12,panzer arms ar12 pro. USA GUN FACTORY is a federally licensed firearms dealer, Visit now

    panzer arms ar12 pro

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m not that much of an online reader, to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    buy valium diazepam 10mg online sweden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning
    this website. I am hoping to view the same high-grade
    content by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities
    has motivated me to get my very own site now
    buy 710 kingpen cartridges

    ReplyDelete
  8. This page contains the necessary information about game. From here I am get some information.Haveyou played the famous akinator unblocked
    ? If not, you must play it today only as it is a quite amazing game which will give you some fun moments playing it in your busy day schedule

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject.What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers Anker Power Bank-pc gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these, I have new and perfect site antalya sohbet. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information Please follow my Site link buy lsd online.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject.What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers custom patches .

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m now not sure where you are getting your information, however good topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thanks for magnificent info I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

    My weblog… buy hydrocodone 10mg online without prescription

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. custom keychain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment