date: Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM
subject: TRANSFER NO:UN/NIJ/53
Re:Release/Transfer Notice of your Approved Funds(INR.93,78,300.00) May
you remain favored and I pray that this email will find you in Good
Spirits and of course always in the best of health.
This letter will definitely be amazing to you because of its realistic
value. Sorry for the inconveniences that was rendered to you in your line
of contract/Inheritance Payment transaction with some government Officials
some while ago.Without taking much of your time, my name is Sattar
Mohammed, Presently we are being paid by the WORLD BANK in conjunction
with the ( UN ) in other to avert beneficiary funds delays and compensate
victims of scam in recent times and also payment of contract inheritance
sum. So far,we have succeeded in Settling.
Your Funds were returned back to Treasury,some while ago because you did
not finalize your claim for it. A week ago,The Executive Committee
collectively agreed to release the sum of INR. 93,78,300.00 to you but to
our surprise you are to contact NABARD to transfer on your behalf this
Dear Beneficiary you are advise to kindly re-confirm to us the followings
below so that the Bank will not be held responsible for paying into the
wrong account Name.
1) Your full name.
2) Contact Address
6) A valid proof of Identification.
In receipt of the above information, your payment will be approved and
paid to you by electronic wire transfer (T/T) to your nominated bank
account,you are advice to get back to me immediately you receive this mail
for immediate payment and insructions to credit your account, which is
schedule to hold within 24 hours upon confirmation of the above mention
requirement,via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Mr. Shri P Mohanaiah
This is one of the stupid funds transfer scams I received by email. There are multiple red flags in this letter. I have tried to list them below:
- Note how scamster mentioned his name as Sattar Mohammed in beginning of the letter and signed it as P Mohanaiah.
- NABARD stands for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development and their website is www.nabard.org and NOT www.nabards.org as evident from sender's email. Moreover NABARD does not get involved in matters like inheritance and stuff.
- UN has better things to do than give funds to some bank for faster disbursement of funds.
- How would they transfer funds to your account without doing necessary paperwork?