How to get 1 Gbps (1000 Mbps) bandwidth on Jio Fiber Connection?

A lot of us are still Working From Home due to Covid-19 scenario. And out of those, a bulk of them didn't have a broadband connection at home. During pre-COVID days they had good enough Internet connection and office and outside the office, they survived with mobile data (1-2GB/day). This got the job done for almost everyone before Covid-19 madness started. But as we started WFH many felt the need to get high speed and a reliable Internet connection (mobile Internet is not always reliable in terms of connectivity and bandwidth) for those conference calls, binge-watching web series and some such. 

Keeping the new 'normal' in mind, I also decided to upgrade to a 1 Gbps (~1000 Mbps) connection. Since my current ISP could only offer maximum 40Mbps bandwidth due to some arcane 'technical issue', I decided to switch to Jio.

Jio Fiber Connection was installed fine. And since I was busy with work when they were installing, I couldn't check the bandwidth once the installation was done. All I noticed was there were two new networks on WiFi list. While one was 2.4GHz with a default name (SSID - Jio Fiber), another one had a 5GHz suffix (SSID - Jio Fiber-5GHz).



Jio Fiber Router 2.4GHz and 5GHz
My Jio Fiber router with 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless network

Jio Fiber Router 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless Network


It was only later in the day that I checked bandwidth on 2.4GHz signal. I did not get the full 1000 Mbps bandwidth with my Jio Fiber connection. It was fluctuating between 40-50 Mbps. I mean WTF I pay for a 1 Gbps connection and I get half the bandwidth. So I did a little bit of search online and it even got more confusing. Some articles told me that I needed a different router if I wanted to use full 1 Gbps and that 50Mbps is the normal speed that everyone got. I also checked with a friend who had Jio Fiber connection for the last two years and he told me that he was enjoying 1 Gbps bandwidth although his router was a different model and he had paid installation fee and router cost totaling Rs. 4,500. I had just paid Rs. 2,500. I also checked with another friend who had got a Jio Fiber connection couple of weeks back and he was also stuck at maximum 50Mbps with the same router that I had. Combined with the information I got from the article and from my friend I deduced that I may need that different router to utilize full bandwidth.

Jio Fiber Router with preview offer
My friend's Jio Fiber router

So I called up the executive who had processed my connection and told him that I could only get a maximum of 50Mbps over my wireless network and this is not what I had signed up for. He asked me to connect to a 5GHz wireless network and check if I could get up to 1 Gbps. I did that and lo and behold, it reached 1 Gbps (and a couple of times exceeded it). 

That my dear readers is an easy trick to get 1 Gbps bandwidth on Jio Fiber connection. Connect to 5GHz network and you'll enjoy the high-speed Internet with the full bandwidth of 1 Gbps without paying anything extra for a different router. Yes in case you have an existing wireless range extender that is not compatible with 5GHz then you need to make that investment to enjoy your full bandwidth.

Comments

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these, I have new and perfect site Slotxo. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these, I have new and perfect site Slot. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page contains the necessary information about game. From here I am get some information.Haveyou played the famous akinator unblocked
    ? If not, you must play it today only as it is a quite amazing game which will give you some fun moments playing it in your busy day schedule

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page contains the necessary information The Samsung Galaxy M52 is going to be published very soon if you feel free you can visit my site Samsung M52 Release Date

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these, I have new and perfect site Mfi Certified Phone Charger . Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information Please follow my Site link antalya sohbet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these, I have new and perfect site buy lsd online. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part ЁЯЩВ I care for such info much.I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. SEO rasymas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject.What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers casas en cancun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. lithium ion forklift battery charger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment